Anxiety

lately I have been going through a cycle with my mental health: I wake up feeling really anxious and the anxious feeling sticks around the whole day until night when I end up feeling really low. and I just feel like I can’t tell anyone because I don’t want to be a burden and my overthinking made me feel like everyone hates me and no one cares I don't know what to do to fix this or how to reach out for help because I'm scared to do so

• This is literally me right now. I hope you got through this and are doing better now. 

I feel really lonely because no one can understand my feelings and the anxiety causes irrational thoughts so I also worry if my family cares about me, what I will be like in the future and if I’ll be alone forever. I’ve reached out to the doctor and getting some help with anxiety etc but it’s hard because recovery takes so long and I’m impatient! 

• This is a really old post, I hope Charla got the help they needed.

• It’s like hearing an echo of my mind... waking up early too? 

• Aidie

Normally, it's the Mental Health Key Worker - not the GP - who would deal with this issue. At least, that's the case here in Northern Ireland. The Psychiatrist is the one who requests the script.

• I concur.

Tomorrow afternoon, at 3 pm, I have a call from my Key Worker and Shrink about an assessment; with the view of a diagnosis of General Anxiety Disorder.

• i can give u advice / tips etc but best get to a GP first.

• you must contact your doctor because anxiety left untreated/unresolved gets worse . I care because anxiety  can be reduced and controlled.  My untreated anxiety 10 years + finally lead to depression which was when I went to the doctor. Its best to have it looked at now. No you wont be a burden thats thinikin should be gone in most GP practices if not get another GP.