Difference or Personality?

Parents
  • Everybody keeps telling me the wheels on my car are square and not round, but I'm also getting there, what are they talking about?

I would advise a proper diagnose, but don't overlook the necessity for follow-up by a psychologist. It works miracles with me, just somebody to tell me often that I see two options, but there is also a third option that I might look into. 

Don't try to fit, feel worthy, accept yourself, like yourself, take enough rest, don't waste energy trying to please people. 

Self-acceptance is also very important, and very hard to do. It is what it is. I look at the president of the USA and think: my children are a lot better behaved and kinder people, my wife does hold my hand when we go places, … that kind of stuff, … 

Also, I used to be a magnet for negative people, see if you shouldn't break with some. I broke contact with my brother-in-law, when I spent a day with my sister and him, I didn't sleep well, he kind of messed with my brain. Now I have energy in stead to meet up with an old colleague now and then, we have a meal in a restaurant, and after talking to him I feel good and sleep well. We talk about the nerdy stuff like latest Star Wars, … 

I think the curse of autism is that when you have a problem to fix, you see really all options, even illegal or straight immoral ones, I think NT-people don't have this, some things just don't cross their minds, kind of a filter. 

• Everybody keeps telling me the wheels on my car are square and not round, but I'm also getting there, what are they talking about?

I would advise a proper diagnose, but don't overlook the necessity for follow-up by a psychologist. It works miracles with me, just somebody to tell me often that I see two options, but there is also a third option that I might look into. 

Don't try to fit, feel worthy, accept yourself, like yourself, take enough rest, don't waste energy trying to please people. 

Self-acceptance is also very important, and very hard to do. It is what it is. I look at the president of the USA and think: my children are a lot better behaved and kinder people, my wife does hold my hand when we go places, … that kind of stuff, … 

Also, I used to be a magnet for negative people, see if you shouldn't break with some. I broke contact with my brother-in-law, when I spent a day with my sister and him, I didn't sleep well, he kind of messed with my brain. Now I have energy in stead to meet up with an old colleague now and then, we have a meal in a restaurant, and after talking to him I feel good and sleep well. We talk about the nerdy stuff like latest Star Wars, … 

I think the curse of autism is that when you have a problem to fix, you see really all options, even illegal or straight immoral ones, I think NT-people don't have this, some things just don't cross their minds, kind of a filter. 

Children