Don’t have any friends

Just wondering if anyone else doesn’t have any friends at all or is that just me?

Parents
  • I have my husband, who I met at 16. Then a guy from uni who I later became friends with through email, and a daughter of a colleague. All three are introverted and accept that I don't go out to parties or clubs. We probably meet 3 times a year and that's usually enough for me. I'm grateful to have them as I know I'm not very likeable.

Since my daughter started school I have tried to make friends with other parents but without fail they always cut off from me once they get to know me. In hindsight, I wish I had kept myself to myself as the constant rejection is horrible. In 2 cases they started acting hostile after I told them I have autism.

A life of feeling like "I think this person likes me" only to discover that they were lying or being fake, gets quite depressing. When I meet people with 30+ friends I feel very inadequate.

Having said that it feels very nice knowing that it's not just me. I guess if everyone had 0-3 friends I'd be okay with it.

• Those people with 30+ friends, of those friends I wonder how many would extend themselves to help out in a tricky situation where they had nothing to gain.  It may be just the cynical old git in me speaking here, but I tend to assume probably not many.  Makes me feel a little more comfortable in my 'self contained-ness' at any rate.

• I often see so called friends saying awful things behind each others' backs. And then there's the constant pressure to attend things you don't want to attend. 

Reply Children
No Data