Global Climate Strike

Hi,

Is anyone else attending a strike event today? It's essentially my worst nightmare but I feel so strongly about the issue that I have to at least try.

Parents
  • I would have liked to go in theory, but did not.

I already decided that my sign would have said "I HAVE AGORAPHOBIA BUT THIS IMPORTANT".

Great to see people showing interest in the environment.

• The logistics of attending are hard for me as I struggle with public transport (much easier if I'm not on my own) and hate crowds and uncertainty! The one near me sounded do-able. I've had attacks of agoraphobia though and just leaving the house was impossible.

I'm reading the Extinction Rebellion book at the moment and it's very inspiring. Also terrifying. I hope that once everyone gets their heads out of the sand then working together to solve the climate crisis might increase the amount of love and peace between opposing political factions. Surely even very right wing pro-capitalist people can't keep ignoring it when their house is flooded for the 3rd time in a year?

• I also struggle with public transport, and any kind of political event would have me worried about violence breaking out, or just feeling trapped. That book looks interesting. Unfortunately a lot of people in power are influenced by the wrong kind of people who also hold a lot of power. And the amounts of misinformation is just too much.

I sometimes feel so incredibly disappointed in our species. We live in a world where we can see it all, animals going extinct, the reefs suffering, the forests burning, the people starving. And we have all this research, technology and problem-solving, yet we keep on failing, or we choose to focus on feeding our greed and shallow interests.

There are the problematic capitalists, but also the religious ones who think that the planet was made for them, and basically that any casualties are part of a gods plan. Sometimes I look at ants and wonder when an alien species will arrive, and look at us like we look at ants. Oh, how sweet, they built this thing. Oh look at them walk in their little lines.

• Greta is stating the obvious and has researched well. The good thing is people are listening to her. She is courageous indeed. And tenacious. As she said, the cause is the issue, not her.

I am a coward in comparison. I give up too easily. I would like to add my lone voice to the much younger crowd and say enough is really enough. Humans do have to stop ruining this beautiful planet and each other. I am so glad younger people feel empowered enough to try to change things. 

• Greta is stating the obvious and has researched well. The good thing is people are listening to her. She is courageous indeed. And tenacious. As she said, the cause is the issue, not her.

I am a coward in comparison. I give up too easily. I would like to add my lone voice to the much younger crowd and say enough is really enough. Humans do have to stop ruining this beautiful planet and each other. I am so glad younger people feel empowered enough to try to change things. 

Children
No Data