Do people look at you as though they know you're odd

I notice it when I go shopping with my stepdaughter or granddaughter. That look that says "WTF have we got here then?" I sense I give off certain vibes.

Parents
  • Yes. I had this recently when I was sat in a waiting room. But if I go shopping, I move round as fast as I can so I wouldn't notice in that situation. I also get paranoid that it will happen if I walk past groups of people.

• Groups of people are the worst. My secondary school had a bridge where people would sit and hang out. To go to or from the school you had to pass those groups Neutral face

• I think my school days are what has caused the paranoia about groups. As I couldn't really pass a group at school without horrible comments being shouted at me. It really did have a very negative impact on me. I don't envy you having to cross a bridge. I'd have dreaded that every day.

• I wear mostly t shirts and jeans, not many dresses are in my wardrobe. I also don’t brush my hair all that often. I try not to touch my hair, it feels really strange to me and last year I accidentally scratched my hair and skin causing it to bleed. Now I do what I’m comfortable with and it works well for me. I sometimes wear dresses for special occasions but very rarely.

• I'm the same. I like clothes to be comfy. I've never liked girly clothes. My mum used to try and make me but gave up pretty early on.

I think they ask partly because I'm never in a relationship either. I just don't have interest in stuff like that. I find people too hard to have a proper relationship and I'm happy by myself so I don't see any issue with that.

• Eh, what?

That sounds like what my father used to say: dress more in a feminin way, won't you?

It wasn't really happening then or now.

These days I wear oversized hoodies and jogging pants. If I have to go somewhere I'll wear jeans, and an oversized hoodie.

• Eh, what?

That sounds like what my father used to say: dress more in a feminin way, won't you?

It wasn't really happening then or now.

These days I wear oversized hoodies and jogging pants. If I have to go somewhere I'll wear jeans, and an oversized hoodie.

Children
  • I wear mostly t shirts and jeans, not many dresses are in my wardrobe. I also don’t brush my hair all that often. I try not to touch my hair, it feels really strange to me and last year I accidentally scratched my hair and skin causing it to bleed. Now I do what I’m comfortable with and it works well for me. I sometimes wear dresses for special occasions but very rarely.

• I'm the same. I like clothes to be comfy. I've never liked girly clothes. My mum used to try and make me but gave up pretty early on.

I think they ask partly because I'm never in a relationship either. I just don't have interest in stuff like that. I find people too hard to have a proper relationship and I'm happy by myself so I don't see any issue with that.