Instagram, snapchat, twitter, fb

Hi.

I was briefly on Fb and twitter and found it intensely boring.  I found I had very little to post on there and few friends, followers etc.

Is anyone on these things and enjoy?

Perhaps I am doing it wrong?

Parents
  • So many little windows with flashing little pictures are awful. And yep, lack of friends in there makes it kinda pointless to me. But I noticed that people mostly use it to show off. I don’t do it and for me it’s boring and vain. Waste of time, when I can dive deep into my world and do something creative or read some book. Once I met a former colleague in the town and she asked me if I’m a victim of domestic violence and if I’m not allowed to have a social media account. I was shocked and laughed. I’m thriving without these things. I enjoy only here and I can say YouTube is also useful for me, although annoying with ads and it’s also kinda too much, but they have some good resources to watch and music to listen. 

• Hey there Alienatedhuman........you can watch Youtube videos via duckduckgo and 90% of the ads will not be present.  I watch almost everything (video wise) via Duckduckgo rather than Youtube because I cannot abide the endless ads therein.

In case you don't know, Duckduckgo.com is a search engine like Google - so simply type in the search for the video you want and click on the "videos" filter.  When you find the video you want, a pop-up window will appear saying "Watch here or on Youtube" = you know which option to pick.

I hope this may save you some valuable minutes of your life !

• Hey there Alienatedhuman........you can watch Youtube videos via duckduckgo and 90% of the ads will not be present.  I watch almost everything (video wise) via Duckduckgo rather than Youtube because I cannot abide the endless ads therein.

In case you don't know, Duckduckgo.com is a search engine like Google - so simply type in the search for the video you want and click on the "videos" filter.  When you find the video you want, a pop-up window will appear saying "Watch here or on Youtube" = you know which option to pick.

I hope this may save you some valuable minutes of your life !

Children
  • Ditto.  I rarely "need" to actually watch what I am "listening" to because most of it is discussion / lecture / debate format stuff.  The visual speed of changing snippets of video (often pointless and superfluous to the subject matter) just irritates me on most 'normal' Youtube videos.....so I avoid.

• Thank you for advice. I often use YouTube for listening, but only late in the evening when everyone sleeps and it’s quiet, I also make pauses to process what I just heard. Subtitles would be good but I actually don’t like screens I get eye ache from them even with low contrast. So your solution seems to be the best. I will try