Autistic Legal help - Searching for a lawyer

Hi I'm looking for legal help that is mindful of my conditions and how they've effected my life.

I have a criminal record due to my fascination with how things work which prevents solicitors taking me on as a client i believe. I am looking to take legal action against my father for years of violent and emotional abuse that has now caused me to have PTSD adding additional problems to my life that i didn't need and separately, the police for a potential wrongful arrest and mistreatment that too has caused me to be terrified that SWAT will break in through my windows, that every car door that slams on my fronts will be them coming to get me. 

I feel i am justified in my request for help but every time in searching for a lawyer via lawsociety.org.uk has turned up no positive results. The time frames for the violent and emotional abuse have run out, but we simply could not do anything about it while living under the culture of fear in the family home. I need to feel some justice in a world that has taken too much from me and i'm really sort of giving this a long shot attempted that somebody around here could point me in a fruitful direction. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Parents
  • I'm not a legal professional, but as far as I am aware, legal types are pretty strict about time frames. As for the wrongful arrest, the fact that you already have a criminal record probably partly justifies an arrest, especially if you were arrested for something related to that. I can see why lawyers don't want to take your case because there is little chance of winning. My experience is that the world isn't fair and there really is no justice.

You could try the Disability Law Service (google that and you will find their website) and they will no doubt have better informed information for you.

I hope you are able to get your life back after your previous experiences.

• As they say, no one does as much damage to us as our parents. I was sorry to read what you wrote and to learn about your story. When my father was physically abusive to my mother and me, I felt like the whole world had given up on me. Then vasaadvokat.se helped us. If anyone else is looking for help from a lawyer in a similar situation, you can listen to me because I went through it myself, and I managed to get a distance and inviolability agreement. After the trial, my father threatened me several times, and after his last threat, he was put on a police record.

• As they say, no one does as much damage to us as our parents. I was sorry to read what you wrote and to learn about your story. When my father was physically abusive to my mother and me, I felt like the whole world had given up on me. Then vasaadvokat.se helped us. If anyone else is looking for help from a lawyer in a similar situation, you can listen to me because I went through it myself, and I managed to get a distance and inviolability agreement. After the trial, my father threatened me several times, and after his last threat, he was put on a police record.

Children
No Data