Anti depressants?

I'm struggling, in truth i have been struggling for a very long time, I think most of us do. My GP has me on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets they don't do much for me at all. 

Is there anything that does help? I think that my depression is not depression but part of my autistic spectrum thing. Assuming that it is asd not depression is there anything that can make it any better? I am not sure that I can cope for much longer.

Parents
  • Much as I hate to admit it (I don't think a-ds are really suitable for autistics because they're formulated for a neurological template that we don't have) - I've decided to see my doctor tomorrow and ask for something.  I can't go on like this.  I need something to suppress my emotions.  I'm in knots.  Maybe Prozac.

• Good luck with the Dr tomorrow. 

I have got no further with my search for relief from my depression, from the absolute futility of my existence. 

• Reconsidering after the workshop I attended today - which has lifted my confidence a bit.  I've also got an interview next week for another job.  That's lifted me, too.

If only people realised how just a simple thing - to them - can mess with our heads to such a degree that we almost consider ending it.  If another person tells me to 'let it go over your head', I swear I'll swing for them.

• Reconsidering after the workshop I attended today - which has lifted my confidence a bit.  I've also got an interview next week for another job.  That's lifted me, too.

If only people realised how just a simple thing - to them - can mess with our heads to such a degree that we almost consider ending it.  If another person tells me to 'let it go over your head', I swear I'll swing for them.

Children