Anti depressants?

I'm struggling, in truth i have been struggling for a very long time, I think most of us do. My GP has me on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets they don't do much for me at all. 

Is there anything that does help? I think that my depression is not depression but part of my autistic spectrum thing. Assuming that it is asd not depression is there anything that can make it any better? I am not sure that I can cope for much longer.

Parents
  • Much as I hate to admit it (I don't think a-ds are really suitable for autistics because they're formulated for a neurological template that we don't have) - I've decided to see my doctor tomorrow and ask for something.  I can't go on like this.  I need something to suppress my emotions.  I'm in knots.  Maybe Prozac.

• Good luck with the Dr tomorrow. 

I have got no further with my search for relief from my depression, from the absolute futility of my existence. 

Reply Children
  • Oh Tom that sounds perfect. What day is the interview? 

Song

• Learning Support Practitioner with Special Needs at a local FE college.  Same general field, but not solely autistic people.  More the mix of special needs I'm used to dealing with.  I've had some experience with special needs in that type of environment, and it's a huge amount of fun and very rewarding.  I'll give this interview 110%.  I think whatever qualities I have will lend themselves more to an educational setting rather than a purely care setting.

• A new job, that's brilliant, is it in the same field?

• Reconsidering after the workshop I attended today - which has lifted my confidence a bit.  I've also got an interview next week for another job.  That's lifted me, too.

If only people realised how just a simple thing - to them - can mess with our heads to such a degree that we almost consider ending it.  If another person tells me to 'let it go over your head', I swear I'll swing for them.