Has Google just announced for tool for Autistic's phone?

You better watch the video, I am amazed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44045424

• it was working just fine at one point ( before the latest release  )  and i was plagued by messages everyday !  not any more 

• I thought it was just a result of me being too impatient to take the tour at first...

• Thanks - yeah - the message system on here is a joke - there's no buttons to do anything so once the little window is filled, all new messages are off the bottom somewhere with no way to access them.     Atrocious bit of coding.

• I'm really sorry but the actual payload of my private message seems to be obscured for you.

Without publicising any illegal acts I may, or may not, have committed, I have certain (and of course first hand) knowledge that the Rick Simpson Oil may be of help to yourself, in your condition. 

There's a video entitled "running from the cure" out there that explains it a lot better than I can. 

Why there has never been a clinical trial, is a question that needs to be asked very loudly IMHO.

• This is an old thread but, yes, I agree - new tech promising to be helpful is probably more useful to someone else first.

• Google. It's like having your own personal slave.

One who intimately serves you, and records every single encounter, and also works for your neighbours, your business competitors, the government, with whom (under certain circumstances not made explicitly clear to you) they will share those moments.

A servant who will seek to silence you, if you speak "out of turn"... As many people are finding out.

What we see now emerging are systems being introduced aimed at the NT majority, that barely work for them!

How well will those systems service us ND's really? 

And of course, once you are in, you are in, they do not like to rescind a service once you have signed up for it.

As an old person I still see a difference between standard of living and quality of life. I'm not sure that "owning slaves" (whether cybernetic or uppity human) is a good thing for us. 

• The demonstration was for everyday actions not requiring security.

Would really want such an assistant knowing all your security answers relating to personal data?

• I got a company to track down a previous call I'd made and not only confirm that a call had in fact taken place (which they were questioning) but they were able to listen to a recording of the conversation to confirm what had been said. 

• Oh yeah! I hadn't thought of these security questions on phone calls! How would that assistant handle those? More precisely, I have to phone somewhere occasionally and say "My voice is my password", I wonder how that works with that assistant? 

• While I can do phone calls, I prefer not to - for one thing there's no audit trial of what was said...

• Could you possibly write a letter to them about the matter and request that they respond to you in writing? It may seem a bit formal, but it would avoid the confrontation with the receptionists and you could cite your difficulties in communicating verbally by way of an explanation for the letter. 

Also, if the receptionists are that bad then you could address the letter to your practice manager instead.

• Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I believe they have old details on record, so it won't let me access it, and I would need to speak to them to update these details. But I'm never able, when I'm at the GP, to remember to do this, and can't bring myself to go in separately to sort it out. The receptionists, two women, are rude and patronising and so I have never managed to build myself up to the process of changing my details, then all of the steps that will follow. 

I believe the issue is that they have the wrong email address for me. I think everything else is accurate, but without updating it I cannot get access.

• It seems pretty good and handled those calls well. I wonder how many calls it didn't handle so well that they didn't show in their demonstration.

• You can now book appointments for most NHS GPs via the internet so you may be able to do this at your practice. You simply need to fill in a form and return it to your GPs surgery to obtain your username and password. Someone else can pick up the form for you if you feel unable to and you have this support.

• To me, this is perfection. I take days to build myself up to every call and still often can't go through with them .

Yesterday, as a UK resident with access to the NHS, I resorted to private healthcare for the first time and paid for the privilege just because the phone system to book a GP appointment has become so inaccessible for me.

Now, if only it can find a way past security questions for calls to companies I have accounts with. At the moment, my husband makes these for me but they still have to ask me questions to confirm my identity.

• To me, this is perfection. I take days to build myself up to every call and still often can't go through with them .

Yesterday, as a UK resident with access to the NHS, I resorted to private healthcare for the first time and paid for the privilege just because the phone system to book a GP appointment has become so inaccessible for me.

Now, if only it can find a way past security questions for calls to companies I have accounts with. At the moment, my husband makes these for me but they still have to ask me questions to confirm my identity.

• I can certainly see the benefits for those who like me struggle to use the phone in a relaxed manner, often having to set myself up for it, notepad with every little detail I may have to give, a cup of tea close by for when my mouth dries up, also a cigarette on the go to de stress, 

One thing it doesn’t focus on is how the user interacts with google? Do you type your request in or do you have to talk to google itself?

anyway it looks impressive. Thank you for sharing it. 

X()x.

• This looks excellent!! I don't have a mobile myself but if I never had to make these types of phone calls again, delegating them all to this assistant instead, I might consider getting one! 

On the second call, to the restaurant, the assistant appeared to handle accents perfectly well. Better than I did actually as I was relying on the subtitles to make out what was being said.    

• Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it’s certainly impressive. I hate using the phone so something like this would be very helpful to me. Just wondering though, how good is it at dialects?