• GP appointment this Wednesday to ask for a referral

Hi, as the topic says I finally have my gp appointment to ask for a referral on Wednesday morning. I have read some of the other threads on here about this subject and taken on board the advice to write down the reasons I believe I fit this diagnosis…

• Scared

I didn't think I would ever post something like this anywhere but honestly I am lost; I was offered a formal diagnosis when I lived in England, however due to my life falling apart; I fell out of university from it being just too much on my mind to point…

• Managing Energy Levels with Aspergers

For me, the biggest part of living successfully with Aspergers is managing my energy levels.

This is how I experience it.

ENERGY LEVELS

Imagine an old fashioned analogue volume meter. Any reading from minus 10 to 0 means I have a good, maintainable energy…

• RE: Completely confused

Hi Helly

You've presented what you think is a complicated situation, but it's not an unusual one for us, and you've obviously read enough to know that there's a problem which you think is ASD. By talking about it here, we would hope to be able to give…

• RE: Newly Diagnosed 4 yr old Son

In relation to your comments about your family reaction I was also amazed at the reactions I have had.  My father said simply "sorry pet.  I don't know what to do.  I wish your mother was here" (she died of cancer 7 years ago!  My sister instantly…

• RE: suitable age for help from clinical pyschologist

Light: Halogen mimics the sun. LEDs give off an unnatural spectrum. LEDs are good for safety lighting, for little lights on electronics, for torches or inside Rock Salt lamps which diminish their harsh intensity and rapid flickering - it’s irritating…

• RE: Client getting 'stuck'

Hi there, I have not experienced the level of challenge your boy faces but will tel you about the process of mental exchanges that I experience to see if there are any aspects of it that will enable you to engage in changing the outcome you discribe.

• RE: severe autism with multiple disablement

My Disablement and How it Affects  Me

Current Medication

Amitriptylene hydrochloride 50mg – 2 at night

Aqueous cream – as needed

Diclofenac sodium enteric coated 50mg – one 3x daily

Loperamide 2mg – as needed

Paracetamol soluble 500mg – 8 in 24…

• 36 year old female who thinks she might be autistic

Ok so this post is my attempt to empty my brain of the thoughts that have been hounding me for months about possibly having autism and work out how to approach my GP about being referred for diagnosis.  This might turn into a bit of a ramble.

First off…

• Benefits of Exercise for Neurodivergent Individuals

Hi, 

As part of my qualification as Health and Wellbeing coach, I did a bit of digging into the benefits of exercising for neurodivergent individuals beyond the physical  aspects of health. This support my personal interest in neurodivergency and mental…