• RE: Return to work anxiety

Hi, It is very reasonable to feel that way!! I can relate as well as I am autistic and I have been off work twice now due to burnout. First of all, 2.5 weeks is not a long time to recover from burnout at all! It sounds like you feel like it might be too…

• RE: Winter

Hiya,

I reckon that he could be affected by the seasons, I mean, especially if hes an outdoors person. I'm in my late teens, been dubbed 'The Nightwalker' (first 'cool' nickname since 'Magpie' xD) and I've been loving the winter so far. Longer periods…

• RE: Need advice and help. Would be grateful of feedback :)

There are similarities to your sons behavior & mine as a child. I am trying to analyse it with hindsight.

I think that Your son, Like me with my Mother, has selected you as the sounding board for the inner frustrations which the condition creates.…

• I'm struggling and my sister needs help

Hi,

I am a young woman who has an identical twin sister. We were both diagnosed with autism this year. But, we have suspected we were autistic for about two years. But, that's not what I want to discuss in this post. Last year my sister fell down several…

• RE: Greenham Common Women.

What a provocative little thread THIS turned out to be!

I genuinely had no intention to provoke or "troll".

We all (should) have Adult Autism/Aspergers, which means we all know a fair bit about persecution already. It can be easy to step beyond…

• RE: Autism and Covid Pandemic

At first it made it more difficult for all of us (Me, OH and 4 YO daughter all have ASD traits).  None of us cope well with change, and all of us were in a constant state of anxiety.  I prefer that we are at home more and that shops are less busy, but several…

• RE: Making peace with the past

It’s taken me 51 or 52 years, whatever it is (I can never remember how old I am!) to be able to look back ~ prior to this, I never looked back. I can see now that my life was almost like a train wreck! Lol! A big old heavy train just hurtling forward…

• RE: First week over...

Thanks, folks.

It's odd sitting here, in mum's living room, surrounded by things that evoke so many memories. Photos of pets we've had over the years. Ornaments bought as Christmas presents or holiday souvenirs. Heirlooms, such as a fish-shaped porcelain…

• RE: Hello - Can anybody help?

Hi Oatcakes,

I have found out that a "Self Help" group should be starting up in Plymouth round about September time, so I hope to be involved in that.

My biggest hurdle... ok it's not my biggest but one of my most frustrating hurdles is with education…

• New Self? New Life? Autistic Happiness ~ it’s a thing ∞

I’m just coming out of a two year burn out. I’m coming into the end stages/beginning of recovery, but this time, I have my diagnosis to help me to not only come out of this burnout successfully, but I have a new foundation on which to build my new life…