Stem cell treatment

Hello,
I have a 14-year-old boy with mild to moderate autism with attention deficit and Turet syndrome.
I am contacting you in search of objective guidance.
I have heard about a new stem cell treatment that seems to be able to help a lot in alleviating the symptoms of autism.
I would like to know if you have heard about this treatment and its benefits.
I would appreciate any information you could provide me with on this subject.

Parents
  • I am contacting you in search of objective guidance.

Just to clarify, you're talking to other forum users here, not the NAS. And I'm afraid that Community rule 13 speaks for itself on this one: 

"Users should not provide medical or legal advice to other users. Giving medical or legal advice can have serious consequences, even if you’re trying to help another member.

Please suggest they get advice from a professional."

Community Rules

From a BBC news article:

"A spokesperson for National Autistic Society called the investigation "extremely worrying".

"Autism is not a disease or illness and therefore it cannot be 'treated' and there is no 'cure'," they said.

"There is very little evidence about stem cells and autism. There are also concerns about the regulation of stem-cell procedures, which could be painful or even hazardous depending on how they are administered."

"We would encourage anyone looking for advice or guidance about autism to seek reliable and safe information from our charity, the NHS and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68759263

• I am contacting you in search of objective guidance.

Just to clarify, you're talking to other forum users here, not the NAS. And I'm afraid that Community rule 13 speaks for itself on this one: 

"Users should not provide medical or legal advice to other users. Giving medical or legal advice can have serious consequences, even if you’re trying to help another member.

Please suggest they get advice from a professional."

Community Rules

From a BBC news article:

"A spokesperson for National Autistic Society called the investigation "extremely worrying".

"Autism is not a disease or illness and therefore it cannot be 'treated' and there is no 'cure'," they said.

"There is very little evidence about stem cells and autism. There are also concerns about the regulation of stem-cell procedures, which could be painful or even hazardous depending on how they are administered."

"We would encourage anyone looking for advice or guidance about autism to seek reliable and safe information from our charity, the NHS and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68759263

Children
No Data