Stem cell treatment

Hello,
I have a 14-year-old boy with mild to moderate autism with attention deficit and Turet syndrome.
I am contacting you in search of objective guidance.
I have heard about a new stem cell treatment that seems to be able to help a lot in alleviating the symptoms of autism.
I would like to know if you have heard about this treatment and its benefits.
I would appreciate any information you could provide me with on this subject.

• I've just posted in another thread that mushroom compounds with Lion's Mane (as nootropics) can be helpful. I've struggled with deficiencies which can cause brain fog, lower immune system, gut-health issue - all connected, which we're learning more about these days. I also have a magnesium spray which can help with sleep. 

As for the stem cells - I have seen adverts, but reading the fine print, I'd be apprehensive. And the reality is Autism and ADHD has always been around, just not always labelled such. Often what's disabling didn't exist 50 years ago. Much can be aided by keeping the home as natural as possible (halogen lamps, natural fibre clothes, scent-free cleaners or with essential oils, no scented candles, plug-ins, etc. and so on). And then helping him succeed at things he likes. But also, helping him realise that society used to be given direct 'rules' for social engagement, whether in a religious service or in print. the Victorian era was pronounced for starting this. I have a feeling algorithms, which are designed for the majority and not the minority of us who experience and think a little different, have really compounded this social change to where people expect telepathy of a sort. 

This is an interesting look into Autism from a different lens https://autcollab.org/2020/04/30/autism-the-cultural-immune-system-of-human-societies/?fbclid=IwAR37xumHkRga0hADICA80wxaWycn7_Kr9Oc6uZhcs2zJ0QzamXOI4qwU2bQ

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/everyday-neurodiversity/202108/are-we-giving-autistic-children-ptsd-school?fbclid=IwAR0e6pwWeDC7C0c3EJAE1qdd9PyMyCqkgwIvTDEIxPKGBOV7Qn9hrgN5kI8

And Erich Fromm is always a good read on the nature of being human and things we need to actively recall. Reading a historical wealth of philosophers and sociology/psychology can put things in perspective. 

• Would you have wanted to have cured Bill Gates of his autism when he was 14? For most of us our autism has been our strength. We do find non Autistic poeple  a bit slow to see the solutions to problems which are obvious to us. Perhaps there is a cure for allism/ ADS (Autism Deficit Syndrrome)?

• Speaking as a former biomedical research scientist, it sounds like bunk. There is no reputable medical evidence that such therapy has any beneficial effect and plenty that it can cause medical problems like tumours. There are unscrupulous people, even ones with medical qualifications, that will take money off desperate parents and only endanger their children, unfortunately.

• Please don't try to change your son.

Please try to learn about his differences and accommodate them and celebrate them.

Your son isn't a person with added autism. Your son is a sum of all his parts including autism.

• I am contacting you in search of objective guidance.

Just to clarify, you're talking to other forum users here, not the NAS. And I'm afraid that Community rule 13 speaks for itself on this one: 

"Users should not provide medical or legal advice to other users. Giving medical or legal advice can have serious consequences, even if you’re trying to help another member.

Please suggest they get advice from a professional."

Community Rules

From a BBC news article:

"A spokesperson for National Autistic Society called the investigation "extremely worrying".

"Autism is not a disease or illness and therefore it cannot be 'treated' and there is no 'cure'," they said.

"There is very little evidence about stem cells and autism. There are also concerns about the regulation of stem-cell procedures, which could be painful or even hazardous depending on how they are administered."

"We would encourage anyone looking for advice or guidance about autism to seek reliable and safe information from our charity, the NHS and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68759263