menopause: your experiences

I am at the end of the menopase journet for quite some time but I wonder what it was like for other people.

For me I was fascinated by it and it became my Special interest for a number of years.

One thing it did was make it harder to mask, which was liberating for me and baffling to some who did not really know me well.

Parents
  • Hi Uhane. I chose to go down the HRT route, so that has therefore limited my experience of affecting my autism and other things. I am 1 year into menopause and for me before HRT it was all about hot flushes at night keeping me awake. 

What's it like at the end of the journey?

• Hi Uhane. I chose to go down the HRT route, so that has therefore limited my experience of affecting my autism and other things. I am 1 year into menopause and for me before HRT it was all about hot flushes at night keeping me awake. 

What's it like at the end of the journey?

Children
  •      I can't say what it will be like for you, honestly. I did not take the HRTs so my experience will have been considerably different. Perhaps some other women who did take them and are well past it can comment here about that.

I can say this, diet and a healthy gut bacterial population was key to my well being at that time.

I will also ask around of women I know who did take them and see what they experienced...

• I will post here soon. It's interesting subject HRT. .Maybe later today I will have time. (I am  12 hours different from you)

• I found perimenopause harder than the actual menopause itself. I didn't want to go down the HRT route and chose a medical herbalist to make me a tailor made brew to help, after a while I dropped that and just took sage tablets for the hot flushes. There are options that aren't hormonal, when I was in hospital the consultant was happy for me to keep taking the herbs and told one of his junior collegues off for challenging me about them. He said he wished he could prescribe them as he saw to many patients with hormone sensitive cancers that would benefit from them.

On the whole I love being post menopausal, I feel liberated from the monthly round of mood swings, pain and mess, I feel like myself every day of the month, I have no libido at all and I never realised how much brain space that took up, now I feel like I've got an extension in my head, more room for the things I want to do rather than the things my meat suit needs me to do.