Older women on the forum? Your early years?

Older women on the forum? Your early years? Mine are in my profile. Share?

Parents
  • Hi Uhane, I'm in my early sixties and had no idea I was on the spectrum until my mid fifties. Thank you for sharing your experiences in your profile.

As a child I lived in my own world a lot. Had an imaginary friend pre-school. Once I learned to read I escaped into fiction as much as possible. Was described as a "daydreamer" during primary school years and a quiet student who hardly spoke in class when I was in secondary school. Hated school and did not reach my potential - have learned more and gained more qualifications since leaving school, mostly distance learning.

I loved to draw, colour, sing, and build with Lego as a child, and was sent to ballroom dancing classes which I enjoyed and which I think helped my co-ordination, as I've always been a bit clumsy. I collected dolls and model horses, but dont remember playing with them much. I taught myself to play rhythm guitar when I was 11. I was also interested in animals and nature. I didn't have many friends and wasn't usually invited to parties, and on the couple of times I did get party invitations when I was at school, I became too sick with worry to attend.

I met my husband when I was 16 and we are still together. During my adult life my interests have included music, reading, sci-fi, art & design, fashion, social sciences and nutrition & health. I'm now interested in the differences between Autistic and Neurotypical minds, still love to read, and enjoy playing video games on my Xbox.

• Hi Uhane, I'm in my early sixties and had no idea I was on the spectrum until my mid fifties. Thank you for sharing your experiences in your profile.

As a child I lived in my own world a lot. Had an imaginary friend pre-school. Once I learned to read I escaped into fiction as much as possible. Was described as a "daydreamer" during primary school years and a quiet student who hardly spoke in class when I was in secondary school. Hated school and did not reach my potential - have learned more and gained more qualifications since leaving school, mostly distance learning.

I loved to draw, colour, sing, and build with Lego as a child, and was sent to ballroom dancing classes which I enjoyed and which I think helped my co-ordination, as I've always been a bit clumsy. I collected dolls and model horses, but dont remember playing with them much. I taught myself to play rhythm guitar when I was 11. I was also interested in animals and nature. I didn't have many friends and wasn't usually invited to parties, and on the couple of times I did get party invitations when I was at school, I became too sick with worry to attend.

I met my husband when I was 16 and we are still together. During my adult life my interests have included music, reading, sci-fi, art & design, fashion, social sciences and nutrition & health. I'm now interested in the differences between Autistic and Neurotypical minds, still love to read, and enjoy playing video games on my Xbox.

Children
No Data