Older women on the forum? Your early years?

Older women on the forum? Your early years? Mine are in my profile. Share?

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing your profile. 

I did not have the problems of sharing a dorm as I went to a state school and was an only child so had my own room. However on the occasions when in youth activities and field trips I had to share a room I found that very difficult.

You mention discipline.  My family had a lot of expectations and there was no understanding then of being flexible with parenting unlike young autistics today. Discovering the reasons for difficulties in later years explains a lot. 

One thing I did benefit from was that my parents were interested in wildlife and gardening. These are things that have helped me a great deal.

• I  also went away to school, where I shared a dormitory. it  as absolutely vile,for I was bullied 24/7,the on ly time  that I enjoyed was when everyone had gone to sleep! Like I said before,just because Iam older,does not mean that I have not suffered as much as you, for ,when I was away at school,it was thought that girls just were stupid and thick,  for autism  was regarded as a male thing.

• all true. We were meant to conform and be the wife a man could boss around and give our parents grandchildren. I was a dismal and rebellious disappointment, needless to say.

• We GO us pirate sirens! 

• "A dismal and rebellious disappointment" - I love that! 

Reply Children