Books books books

Hey there 

I just finished a audiobook called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price. I really enjoyed it and this was my first experience of an audible. I struggle to read books as I find I read and then track back and read again, I struggle to concentrate and take it all in basically.

Is there a must read book that anyone can recommend for self discovering as a newly recognised autistic? 

Parents
  • Good shout r.e. Unmasking Autism. That's one of the best autism books I've ever read. I think everyone with autism should have a copy, it's a really useful book.

A book I highly recommend is Living Well on the Spectrum by Valerie L. Gaus. I own this book and I can't speak highly enough of it! It's a resource book really that takes you through becoming aware of the different ways that autism affects living day to day, and strategies you can develop to cope with the difficulties -- AND more importantly, includes strategies to capitalize on your individual strengths.

I've found this book useful a few times and it's helped me to come to terms with a lot of the difficulties I face. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I thought I would share it here just in case anyone's interested.

• I am 3 weeks out from the getting to the top of the wait list for the audiobook library copy. Looking forward.

Reply Children