Books books books

Hey there 

I just finished a audiobook called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price. I really enjoyed it and this was my first experience of an audible. I struggle to read books as I find I read and then track back and read again, I struggle to concentrate and take it all in basically.

Is there a must read book that anyone can recommend for self discovering as a newly recognised autistic? 

Parents Reply Children
  • That's so cool that you made your own library! The main problem with my school library is that we already have SO MANY books and now Ms. D has to get rid of a bunch of them. 

• Why couldn't they spare a little room for the LIBRARY, which is OBVIOUSLY the MOST IMPORTANT room in the school?).

This is the 21st century and libraries are digital now so one that deals with a limited range of physical titles that most people now don't want to use will make it a low priority. It sucks but it isn't the end.

You can find most books available to download or borrow digitally from archive.org

I've been stocking my own library from eBay (600 books in the last 2 years) and there is no shortage of great titles to choose from, including lots of out-of-print ones. I spend about £2.50 on average per book - a lot less sometimes when I find a seller with lots of the ones I'm looking for.

Once finished you can re-advertise them and make most of the cost back typically.

I even bought a load of wood and designed / built my own bookcases (in a nice, thick cedar wood) to house them all, but that's probably me turning it into a special interest.

• That's so sad! The library at my school is shrinking because of an expansion (WHAT?! They're giving the ART ROOM a HUGE room! Why couldn't they spare a little room for the LIBRARY, which is OBVIOUSLY the MOST IMPORTANT room in the school?). Sorry. That went off on a tangent. But I still have the public library! Most of the books I read are FROM libraries! That is so sad that you don't have a good library!

• That is too bad. I it is like losing a friend! Did the libraries go online, like they are here?