Books books books

Hey there 

I just finished a audiobook called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price. I really enjoyed it and this was my first experience of an audible. I struggle to read books as I find I read and then track back and read again, I struggle to concentrate and take it all in basically.

Is there a must read book that anyone can recommend for self discovering as a newly recognised autistic? 

Parents
  • A book I recommend is Loud Hands: Autistic People Speaking. I've read this book and found it a good resource for myself on my journey of self discovery and I still read it now from time to time.

I would recommend it to everyone who's autistic. It has great reviews too which I think says a lot about it.

"Loud Hands: Autistic People, Speaking is a collection of essays written by and for Autistic people. Spanning from the dawn of the Neurodiversity movement to the blog posts of today, Loud Hands: Autistic People, Speaking catalogues the experiences and ethos of the Autistic community and preserves both diverse personal experiences and the community’s foundational documents together side by side."

-from ASAN

Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16328437-loud-hands?from_search=true&search_version=service

The books content was written by autistic people like you and me. That for me is what makes this book even better because I feel I can really relate.

• A book I recommend is Loud Hands: Autistic People Speaking. I've read this book and found it a good resource for myself on my journey of self discovery and I still read it now from time to time.

I would recommend it to everyone who's autistic. It has great reviews too which I think says a lot about it.

"Loud Hands: Autistic People, Speaking is a collection of essays written by and for Autistic people. Spanning from the dawn of the Neurodiversity movement to the blog posts of today, Loud Hands: Autistic People, Speaking catalogues the experiences and ethos of the Autistic community and preserves both diverse personal experiences and the community’s foundational documents together side by side."

-from ASAN

Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16328437-loud-hands?from_search=true&search_version=service

The books content was written by autistic people like you and me. That for me is what makes this book even better because I feel I can really relate.

Children