Adult meltdown

Good morning, 

I am new here. 

I am 42 and on route to be assessed. I believe I have just realised for the very first time in my life that I had a meltdown yesterday. I have had that feeling of being lost and sucked in my emotions many times for various reasons but was never able to give it a name.

Yesterday I was overwhelmed by some information that was given to me and I felt like being in a whirlpool of emotions I could not recognise. I could not work properly, I was in autopilot mode as I had to look after my boys and my dear friend who was here with her children for a playdate. All I wanted to do was disappear and I could not control what I was saying or how much I was saying. It all passed once I managed to calm down but it took lots of talking and some tears to regain some inner peace. All that was left was me feeling tired and drained.

Now, I wonder if that is what a meltdown could be? I know we are all different and that I do not need to be autistic to feel overwhelmed but maybe that could explain the way I feel sometimes?!

Apologies if some that I have written doesn't make sense. English is not my first language. 

Thank you for your help. 

Nana

Parents
  • Hello

My name is Rosy

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes I have a meltdown especially during the summer months. Also when things get too much for me. 

In the end calm down by listening to my iPod and do a puzzle book. 

Yesterday I nearly fell over and nobody helped me as usual. The same foot that I'd nearly broke a few years ago.

• Hello

My name is Rosy

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes I have a meltdown especially during the summer months. Also when things get too much for me. 

In the end calm down by listening to my iPod and do a puzzle book. 

Yesterday I nearly fell over and nobody helped me as usual. The same foot that I'd nearly broke a few years ago.

Children