Using Makeup

I put this in the women and girls section but I'm sure some men and boys use this too - feel free to post guys :) 

Anyways, today I put on some makeup and it was hell! I couldn't stand it for long and had to wash it off as quickly as I could - even now my skin still feels really strange. Guess it'll be like that a while now.

I've never been able to tolerate makeup but thought I'd give it a try today just to see if that's changed. It hadn't :) 

Is anyone else like this?

Parents
  • Hi Luna.

I do wear some make-up but only when I go out.

So, if I'm going to something where I'll be with other people, like a restaurant, or a family get-together, I wear a very light amount of foundation (L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation) and Revlon Colorstay face powder on top. 

These are just on my cheeks and nose - I ignore my chin and forehead Blush

With regard to the foundation, it can't be thick or I'll be really aware of it.  I brush it in thoroughly.

I have to paint my eyebrows with a pencil as they are blonde and I look a bit odd otherwise.

I can't wear ordinary lipstick as I'm aware of it and tend to just bite it off.

I wear L'Oreal Infallible 24 hr lipstick which paints your lips and you don't tend to 'feel' it.

All the best if you decide to try again.

• I'm glad you wear makeup, sounds like it makes you a positive good difference for you :) 

Today was just random for me, I suddenly thought hey why don't I give it a try. I've been feeling a bit rundown and my skin is so white so I thought some makeup might make me shine and feel a bit better, which it did but sadly it was too irritating for me to keep on :/ 

I'm not sure if you are the same but I struggle to apply it. I know I'm 27 now but my hands shake and I struggle to get it on properly and make it look good.

Maybe it just isn't for me.

Thanks for replying and sharing your own experience regarding it.

• I'm glad you wear makeup, sounds like it makes you a positive good difference for you :) 

Today was just random for me, I suddenly thought hey why don't I give it a try. I've been feeling a bit rundown and my skin is so white so I thought some makeup might make me shine and feel a bit better, which it did but sadly it was too irritating for me to keep on :/ 

I'm not sure if you are the same but I struggle to apply it. I know I'm 27 now but my hands shake and I struggle to get it on properly and make it look good.

Maybe it just isn't for me.

Thanks for replying and sharing your own experience regarding it.

Children
No Data