Swearing

Hi everyone! My 6 year old son is asd, and the past couple of weeks he has started swearing a lot. It was just at home, but ow he does it when we are out. It's mostly directed at me, and he is really horrible. I don't know what to do, I try to stay calm, and I have explained that they are grown up words, but each day is getting worse. Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

Parents
  • You could try speaking to the police, head teacher, parish priest or other athority figure about this, to give him a “short, sharp shock” - I’m a great believer in ultra strict child discipline, especially at that age - and taking the “zero tolerance” approach right from the start will pay dividends later on, not just for the parents, but far more importantly, for the child’s own benefit, to equip the child for the challenges of later life - allowing this behaviour to continue is simply not an option, not least because if he does this to someone else, they might react to this by giving him a severe beating or worse as a direct consequence 

• You could try speaking to the police, head teacher, parish priest or other athority figure about this, to give him a “short, sharp shock” - I’m a great believer in ultra strict child discipline, especially at that age - and taking the “zero tolerance” approach right from the start will pay dividends later on, not just for the parents, but far more importantly, for the child’s own benefit, to equip the child for the challenges of later life - allowing this behaviour to continue is simply not an option, not least because if he does this to someone else, they might react to this by giving him a severe beating or worse as a direct consequence 

Children