!Paroxine

there is  a girl with autism  ,doctore ha perscribed paroxine

in the morining with  breakfast

too weak 

• vometia said:

Zyprexa is one of those drugs that always causes a degree of alarm as it has some really nasty side-effects and should only ever be used when there's a really good case for it, such as in the treatment of schizphrenia or psychosis.  I'm slightly wary of offering an opinion because I am not a doctor nor medically trained, but I do have a fair bit of experience as a patient and talking with others.  I think if those diagnoses aren't present I would be inclined to ask for a second opinion.

• Islander said:

Side effects of medication need to be taken very seriously and to go back to the doctor urgently and have things reviewed. The weakness you mention is of more concern than the tinnitus. The tinnitus is not expected to cause deafness, but it can cause sensory overload and stress in ASD.

• recombinantsocks said:

As Aspergerix says, adverse drug reactions need to be taken very seriously. This needs to be reported via the GP who should report this using the yellow card scheme.

• recombinantsocks said:

You say that she was forced to take the pill. How did you do this?

• Zyprexa is one of those drugs that always causes a degree of alarm as it has some really nasty side-effects and should only ever be used when there's a really good case for it, such as in the treatment of schizphrenia or psychosis.  I'm slightly wary of offering an opinion because I am not a doctor nor medically trained, but I do have a fair bit of experience as a patient and talking with others.  I think if those diagnoses aren't present I would be inclined to ask for a second opinion.

• You say that she was forced to take the pill. How did you do this?

• As Aspergerix says, adverse drug reactions need to be taken very seriously. This needs to be reported via the GP who should report this using the yellow card scheme.

Tinnitus is not well understood (I have this and have been looking at what might have cause it) but it is suspected to be related to noise/damaged hearing, aspirin poisoning which may be related to salicylate sensitivity. There are different types of tinnitus - what sound does the girl hear, can she describe whether it is whistling, rustling, loud, quiet, continuous or intermittent?

Presumably Paroxetine has been prescribed for depression? Drugs like this (SSRIs) are sometimes ineffective in people with autism. Has the depression actually been helped by the drug?

• Side effects of medication need to be taken very seriously and to go back to the doctor urgently and have things reviewed. The weakness you mention is of more concern than the tinnitus. The tinnitus is not expected to cause deafness, but it can cause sensory overload and stress in ASD.

The medication may not be causing the tinnitus, you need to check that there is no loud noise in the environment, or that there is no use of loud earphones because generally it is loud sound that can cause ear damage and cause tinnitus. Make sure she is not listening to loud music or there is no loud machinery around her.

Also make sure she is not inserting things inside her ears to scratch, and ear buds must never be used to clean inside the ears. Water can also get in the ears and cause problems for some people.