Death of Pet

I can't explain how much I hate writing such devastating news especially the loss of a beloved pet. 

My daughter, Chloe, went out for dinner with her dad's family today and found out that her father's horse, Josie, passed away. He took Chloe to the stables so she could physically see this and to explain she is buried at the bottom of the field. This is the second horse that has passed away. 

She is absolutely devastated. I have offered if she wants to take but she shook her head and went to her room. I think she is in bed watching Netflix and probably will do this until she goes to sleep. 

How else can I help her with the death of her pet. She absolutely adores the horses. 

Thanks in advance 

Lucy

Parents
  • Some of us folk "feel" the death of an animal more (or at least equally) to the loss of a close familial human.

Accordingly, even if you cannot understand how or why your daughter seems to act with excessive grief and bereavement, PLEASE accept her sadness as genuine, heartfelt and profound.  Do not diminish the reality of her loss.

Beyond that piece of advice, I'm afraid it is over to "mum" to fill in the particulars of how best to support your daughter.

Good luck, and I am very sorry for your loss. 

• Some of us folk "feel" the death of an animal more (or at least equally) to the loss of a close familial human.

Accordingly, even if you cannot understand how or why your daughter seems to act with excessive grief and bereavement, PLEASE accept her sadness as genuine, heartfelt and profound.  Do not diminish the reality of her loss.

Beyond that piece of advice, I'm afraid it is over to "mum" to fill in the particulars of how best to support your daughter.

Good luck, and I am very sorry for your loss. 

Children
No Data