is this normal behaviour?

First time posting, hello!! my daughter is 9yrs is autistic awaiting adhd diagnosis too, she often tell us she wants to kill herself, has grabbed a knife before and took to the wrist. We took it off her and hid all sharp things from her. She constantly belittles her dad telling him he is rubbish, useless, pushed him in front of a school coach hoping he would die!

Did a cahms referral and chums both were rejected, we are told wanting to kill them self is normal for an autistic child which we believe is not true. 

Please tell me this is not right, i have done another self-referral this morning to Cahms worth another try and not sure who else to speak too. My husband is great but he struggles with her, and dont think really gets autism. What can we do, any suggestions?

Parents

• It is normal for Autistic people to ‘think in absolutes’ involving also ‘catastrophic ideation’ ~ most particularly when they are not adequately or appropriately facilitated, identified and affirmed in respect of their individual needs and desires ~ socially, educationally and professionally.

Suicide therefore is much more likely amongst the neurologically diverse, particular when the majority of people complain about us not being like everyone else ~ i.e., not behaving, not fitting in, not towing the line, not playing the part, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera ~ with the usual conclusions being the need to pretend to be someone else (i.e., ‘fake it to make it’), or failing that comes the suicide thing involving the hope of either an ultimate end (i.e., ‘goodbye cruel world’) or being reborn as someone who is not autistic ~ or otherwise not so innately and immutably different, basically.

In terms of what you can do to better facilitate, identify and affirm your daughter’s individuality along with everyone else’s involved, I would suggest perhaps reading The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome (second edition) by Tony Attwood (£19.99), being that it covers childhood development stages through to adulthood, with all the usual problems and the required solutions that are often unknown or incorrectly assumed by many.

• It is normal for Autistic people to ‘think in absolutes’ involving also ‘catastrophic ideation’ ~ most particularly when they are not adequately or appropriately facilitated, identified and affirmed in respect of their individual needs and desires ~ socially, educationally and professionally.

Suicide therefore is much more likely amongst the neurologically diverse, particular when the majority of people complain about us not being like everyone else ~ i.e., not behaving, not fitting in, not towing the line, not playing the part, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera ~ with the usual conclusions being the need to pretend to be someone else (i.e., ‘fake it to make it’), or failing that comes the suicide thing involving the hope of either an ultimate end (i.e., ‘goodbye cruel world’) or being reborn as someone who is not autistic ~ or otherwise not so innately and immutably different, basically.

In terms of what you can do to better facilitate, identify and affirm your daughter’s individuality along with everyone else’s involved, I would suggest perhaps reading The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome (second edition) by Tony Attwood (£19.99), being that it covers childhood development stages through to adulthood, with all the usual problems and the required solutions that are often unknown or incorrectly assumed by many.

Children
No Data