Advice for my autistic son

So my son is autistic (I am too btw) and he is currently dealing with a lot of change that he is struggling to process. It's causing him to start becoming irrationally angry and lashing out and shouting about every little thing. 

He has just finished nursery and he is really struggling to process not going back there ever again or seeing his friends there. He is also starting school for the first time in September and is really anxious and struggling to process that change. In addition, I have started working for the first time in 4 months when he is used to having me home all the time which has changed a lot of his usual daily routines

I just want to know 2 things. Firstly, is this normal behaviour for an autistic child facing a lot of change?

Secondly, what can I do to help him process and cope with all the change and manage his emotions better? What techniques or ideas help with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Parents
  • Just be more than reliable. think before giving a final answer (yes/no), always let him know you want to do a thing if you cannot and if you say you'll be home in 10 minutes, make sure to phone before the 10 minutes if an unexpected matter detains you. And so on :) 

• Just be more than reliable. think before giving a final answer (yes/no), always let him know you want to do a thing if you cannot and if you say you'll be home in 10 minutes, make sure to phone before the 10 minutes if an unexpected matter detains you. And so on :) 

Children