Self help book for people with autism?

Does anyone know of any good book they could recommend , 

A clinical psychologist once tried cognitive therapy on me about 35 years ago but im not sure if it did me any good

he never diagnosed me as being autistic anyway,  I was just treated for depression at the time.

About 35 years ago i read all kinds of self help books but it wasn't specialized for Autism. 

I read "The road less travelled" "How to stop worrying and start living" I must of read over 20 self help books with little improvement. 

Parents
  • I must of read over 20 self help books with little improvement. 

It sounds like you need to stop this route and try something else.

I would recommend finding a therapist with a lot of experience in helping autistic clients and they can probably find what formula works best for you.

There is something quite different about reading about how to apply "self help" and actualy implementing the steps effectively. Once the threapist can find the right formulae for you then you are likely to get much better results.

All in my opinion of course.

• I must of read over 20 self help books with little improvement. 

It sounds like you need to stop this route and try something else.

I would recommend finding a therapist with a lot of experience in helping autistic clients and they can probably find what formula works best for you.

There is something quite different about reading about how to apply "self help" and actualy implementing the steps effectively. Once the threapist can find the right formulae for you then you are likely to get much better results.

All in my opinion of course.

Children