Self help book for people with autism?

Does anyone know of any good book they could recommend , 

A clinical psychologist once tried cognitive therapy on me about 35 years ago but im not sure if it did me any good

he never diagnosed me as being autistic anyway,  I was just treated for depression at the time.

About 35 years ago i read all kinds of self help books but it wasn't specialized for Autism. 

I read "The road less travelled" "How to stop worrying and start living" I must of read over 20 self help books with little improvement. 

Parents
  • We are such a broad Community of Autistic people that picking one book to suit everyone is a challenge. 

There may be some books popular and helpful among many of us (although we do not always face exactly the same challenges as each other).

I find my favourite / most helpful books about Autism topics and Autistic lives well lived are generally written by authors who are themselves Autistic people.

Maybe it might be easier for people on the Forum to offer appropriate book recommendations if you were to pick a couple of initial challenges against which you are trying to make progress and let us know?

Our Community is usually really generous with the effort put into sharing book recommendations ... however, there is often a desire to "get it right" (relevant and appropriate in support of the person seeking book titles).

• We are such a broad Community of Autistic people that picking one book to suit everyone is a challenge. 

There may be some books popular and helpful among many of us (although we do not always face exactly the same challenges as each other).

I find my favourite / most helpful books about Autism topics and Autistic lives well lived are generally written by authors who are themselves Autistic people.

Maybe it might be easier for people on the Forum to offer appropriate book recommendations if you were to pick a couple of initial challenges against which you are trying to make progress and let us know?

Our Community is usually really generous with the effort put into sharing book recommendations ... however, there is often a desire to "get it right" (relevant and appropriate in support of the person seeking book titles).

Children
No Data