Driving

My daughter, 18, loves driving, but unfortunately her insurance has been cancelled because her blackbox caught her speeding. Now I don't condone the speed she was doing but this road is quiet and it starts off at 50 then goes down to 40. Everyone speeds down there because it is a straight, quiet road and is so hard to stick to the limit. 

She has just paid for a different insurance but is now refusing to drive altogether because of the black box. She says that no one sticks to the limit and where we live it is mainly straight national-speed limit roads with forest on the opposite side. When she does the speed limit she feels so anxious and on edge because she feels pressured by drivers behind her because they try to overtake and make gestures at her. She says she wants a bmw because they "rule the roads" therefore she can stick to the speed limit and think nothing of it.

I personally do not know what to do anymore. Driving makes her happy overall but drivers are knocking her confidence. If anyone has any ideas, please please please let me know. 

Parents
  • The idea of a black box is to reduce insurance premiums, and for an 18 Year old without one prices can be brutal.
    Speeding is not " cool  " and it devestates Many Family's on a Daily basis.
    The limits are in place to protect other road users and pedestrian's from fatal collision's, and giving those who are hit a chance of 
    survival. Death by dangerous driving always results in a prison sentence.
    As far as a bmw, many if not most insureres will not insure an 18 Year old who they believe is a liability.

• The idea of a black box is to reduce insurance premiums, and for an 18 Year old without one prices can be brutal.
    Speeding is not " cool  " and it devestates Many Family's on a Daily basis.
    The limits are in place to protect other road users and pedestrian's from fatal collision's, and giving those who are hit a chance of 
    survival. Death by dangerous driving always results in a prison sentence.
    As far as a bmw, many if not most insureres will not insure an 18 Year old who they believe is a liability.

Children
No Data