Private Assesment

Hi

I am looking for peoples experience of getting their child assessed for autism privately. Any recommendations of which companies have been good? There are so many options out there and they are pretty expensive. My son is 12 and we live in Herefordshire. I think he’s benefit from face to face appointments where possible. We can travel but I don’t really want to go to the other end of the country. Any help would be greatly received.

• Whatever you do DO NOT use harley psychatrists as they have been exposed countless times for misdiagnosing and simply operating to get money out of desperate individuals 

• Hello I used Berkley Psychiatrists (costs £995) they were fantastic the whole process took just over a week. I saw Dr Indraja Velickiene and had a zoom assessment ,but you can see them in person as well however that does cost more.She was absolutely lovely and super understanding with me. Here is the link:

Dr Indraja Velickiene Psychiatrists | Berkeley Psychiatrists

• Becareful as we were told not to go private as some will argue that a privately paid person will say what you want as they're being paid ie if you say I think my child has this  or that the private company will go along with that..just make sure its someone reputable...it sounds an awful thing to say but it was hinted at to me when my son needed a diagnosis that his diagnosis if it was privately decided would be looked on as sceptical by the nhs etc and that he might not get the help he needed...I mean what can you say its just riddiculous I know..Well it's not just ridiculous but insulting but hey that's the world we live in. Just keep fighting for your kid in doing what's right.

• Hi we got our son privately assessed at a group called Berkshire psychology they were amazing - v professional and supportive I googled are Herefordshire to Berkshire is about 2hours hope you find a group that can support you Relaxed

• Shropshire Autonomy do private assessments. Some say they are good and NHS recognised. Also not as expensive as some. 

shropshireautonomy.co.uk