Daughter in year 11 no plans for future

My daughter is about to undertake her GCSEs and we have just been accepted for an EHCP but no draft in place at the moment.

it looks as though my daughter will fail her GCSEs as she refuses to do revision homework or go to class. 
Everytime I discuss leaving school she blanks me out and there are not many options anyway.

i think failing her GCSEs might be good so she can have a purpose going to college but for now I do not have a clue where to turn or what to do!!

Parents
  • Hi. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. My son is doing GCSES too and probably is unlikely to pass any. He does very little revision but it must be hard if exams are so difficult anyway and he struggles to retain information. He is intending to go to college and can do Maths and English. He has no idea what he will do after so just aiming to make it to college at the moment and where he can learn some life skills, but the motivation has to come from him.

• Hi. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. My son is doing GCSES too and probably is unlikely to pass any. He does very little revision but it must be hard if exams are so difficult anyway and he struggles to retain information. He is intending to go to college and can do Maths and English. He has no idea what he will do after so just aiming to make it to college at the moment and where he can learn some life skills, but the motivation has to come from him.

Children
No Data