Daughter in year 11 no plans for future

My daughter is about to undertake her GCSEs and we have just been accepted for an EHCP but no draft in place at the moment.

it looks as though my daughter will fail her GCSEs as she refuses to do revision homework or go to class. 
Everytime I discuss leaving school she blanks me out and there are not many options anyway.

i think failing her GCSEs might be good so she can have a purpose going to college but for now I do not have a clue where to turn or what to do!!

Parents
  • Everytime I discuss leaving school she blanks me out and there are not many options anyway.

Ultimately she has to make the choices and face the consequences.

I would suggest laying out what the consequences are, preferrably with the help of someone she does listen to. Point out that when she can no longer continue education then she needs to get a job to pay for her rent.

Point out the obligations of being a stay-at-home unemployed person will be if she stay with you. Make sure a token rent is taken from her benefits (my parents always insisted in 40% of my take home pay when I was at home) and give her some time consuming chores to subsidise the rest of her upkeep.

Making her realise that it isn't a free ride and that she has to break a sweat one in a while should give her some impetus to look at alternatives.

i think failing her GCSEs might be good so she can have a purpose going to college

Can she even get into college without grades?

• Everytime I discuss leaving school she blanks me out and there are not many options anyway.

Ultimately she has to make the choices and face the consequences.

I would suggest laying out what the consequences are, preferrably with the help of someone she does listen to. Point out that when she can no longer continue education then she needs to get a job to pay for her rent.

Point out the obligations of being a stay-at-home unemployed person will be if she stay with you. Make sure a token rent is taken from her benefits (my parents always insisted in 40% of my take home pay when I was at home) and give her some time consuming chores to subsidise the rest of her upkeep.

Making her realise that it isn't a free ride and that she has to break a sweat one in a while should give her some impetus to look at alternatives.

i think failing her GCSEs might be good so she can have a purpose going to college

Can she even get into college without grades?

Children