Slippers

My Son who’s seven really needs to wear slippers but he won’t any suggestions please? 

Parents
  • Judging by myself and other Autistic members of my family ...not a fan of slippers (we tend to prefer: bare feet / socks indoors in Summer and slipper-socks or lightweight stretchy ballet pumps style travel slipers in Winter ...if we must).

However, when I was a child and living somewhere where something more proective on your feet was more than "advisable" (don't ask for details, please ...as I don't want too trigger any phobias which folk might have) I would happily wear Martial Arts Slippers (they tend to be a black cotton canvas upper, lined with smoth white cotton - of a slip-on style (great as some Autistic people are not fans of laces etc. - with a slightly textured flexible, durable, plastic sole).  They squash-down flat to the sole, so they are also good for tucking into an overnight bag if you are staying with a friend / relative, planning what might work for use during a Hospital / Hotel stay, or loking for a suitable compromise for wear during an aeroplane flight / when passenger during a long car / train / coach journey.  This below link happens to show a range of adult sizes, but they can also usually be sourced in a wider range of sizes - not just online - also sometimes in independent sports equipment shops.  

Maybe this photo will illustrate what I mean:

Martial Arts Slippers

• Judging by myself and other Autistic members of my family ...not a fan of slippers (we tend to prefer: bare feet / socks indoors in Summer and slipper-socks or lightweight stretchy ballet pumps style travel slipers in Winter ...if we must).

However, when I was a child and living somewhere where something more proective on your feet was more than "advisable" (don't ask for details, please ...as I don't want too trigger any phobias which folk might have) I would happily wear Martial Arts Slippers (they tend to be a black cotton canvas upper, lined with smoth white cotton - of a slip-on style (great as some Autistic people are not fans of laces etc. - with a slightly textured flexible, durable, plastic sole).  They squash-down flat to the sole, so they are also good for tucking into an overnight bag if you are staying with a friend / relative, planning what might work for use during a Hospital / Hotel stay, or loking for a suitable compromise for wear during an aeroplane flight / when passenger during a long car / train / coach journey.  This below link happens to show a range of adult sizes, but they can also usually be sourced in a wider range of sizes - not just online - also sometimes in independent sports equipment shops.  

Maybe this photo will illustrate what I mean:

Martial Arts Slippers

Children
No Data