Should we force it

My Son who’s seven was due to have his first swimming lesson after school today.  He’s had lessons before but always weekends. This is the first time he’s gone out after school, he rarely has before. Despite me preparing him that he was going swimming after school, he got anxious and refused to go. Should we have made him go or would it just create anxiety in the future? 

Parents
  • This child must not be forced into this, having read a few posts on this on here - and it’s a thundering disgrace and it is outrageous that these schools have “mandatory” swimming lessons, which in actuality is child torture - it feeds into the whole mindset and attitude that children with mental health issues and disabilities can be “cured” of same by ultra-strict milltary style discipline “a square peg into a round hole” because it is deemed on a “common sense” basis that they are “misbehaving” and it shows that there is a point blank refusal to understand the reality of same - it reminds me of a story I’ve heard about the US Marines where they shove recruits into the water when they are afraid of water, brutalising them for life - my advice is to fight and challenge these policies by every means possible, including legally, including in the papers, name and shame the schools, headmasters and teachers involved, because this is a moral and ethical issue - this is how bullying starts in a supposedly civilised society and it must be “nipped in the Bud” 

• This child must not be forced into this, having read a few posts on this on here - and it’s a thundering disgrace and it is outrageous that these schools have “mandatory” swimming lessons, which in actuality is child torture - it feeds into the whole mindset and attitude that children with mental health issues and disabilities can be “cured” of same by ultra-strict milltary style discipline “a square peg into a round hole” because it is deemed on a “common sense” basis that they are “misbehaving” and it shows that there is a point blank refusal to understand the reality of same - it reminds me of a story I’ve heard about the US Marines where they shove recruits into the water when they are afraid of water, brutalising them for life - my advice is to fight and challenge these policies by every means possible, including legally, including in the papers, name and shame the schools, headmasters and teachers involved, because this is a moral and ethical issue - this is how bullying starts in a supposedly civilised society and it must be “nipped in the Bud” 

Children
No Data