how to help my son accept he is autistic and ask for help

My son is 25yr and wont accept help,  he is talking of starting college, but he left school at 15yrs with no qualifications, and has spent the last 10 years mainly in his bedroom.  He now wants to start his life,  but he needs support,   I am happy he wants to move on,  but i have no idea what the next step is . 

Parents
  • Your son is very lucky to have you supporting him and letting him find his own way. We started to worry about our son's future when he was about 15 and finally looked to get him an assessment in order to get him some outside guidance and help. It has been a very slow road with waiting lists for the aspergers assessment and then for social care assessments. He is now 19 and we are still having to be very patient with the system. I hope someone else can give you more detailed ideas because I don't really know the system. Good luck though and hang in there.

• Your son is very lucky to have you supporting him and letting him find his own way. We started to worry about our son's future when he was about 15 and finally looked to get him an assessment in order to get him some outside guidance and help. It has been a very slow road with waiting lists for the aspergers assessment and then for social care assessments. He is now 19 and we are still having to be very patient with the system. I hope someone else can give you more detailed ideas because I don't really know the system. Good luck though and hang in there.

Children
No Data