Biting arms

My daughter has recently started biting her arms over the past few weeks. She has many bruises on her arms which some are swollen. They range from big to small little ones and look very painful. She had to be held because of this yesterday in school. They explained that she was biting with extreme force so they held her to stop her. She's never done this before and I'm lost on what to do. Like, how do I prevent the worst injuries as much as I can without touching her because that makes it worse? 

Parents
  • Guessing it's s sort of self halm thing maybe due to stress and anxiety. I use to self halm myself when I was anxious or overwlemed with stress basically my equivalent handling burnout or melt downs. Ive now managed to find coping methods for it. As my alternative therapy is getting tattoos done as the pain helps ease my anxiety as I'm focused on something ellse rather than my anxiety. Obviously that method doesn't work for everyone. But yeah it's probably caused by meltdowns due to intence anxiety. It's like getting angry basically but cause you don't want to take your anger out people you take it out on yourself. 

• Guessing it's s sort of self halm thing maybe due to stress and anxiety. I use to self halm myself when I was anxious or overwlemed with stress basically my equivalent handling burnout or melt downs. Ive now managed to find coping methods for it. As my alternative therapy is getting tattoos done as the pain helps ease my anxiety as I'm focused on something ellse rather than my anxiety. Obviously that method doesn't work for everyone. But yeah it's probably caused by meltdowns due to intence anxiety. It's like getting angry basically but cause you don't want to take your anger out people you take it out on yourself. 

Children
  • Her meltdowns are triggered by a number of things, mainly due to anxiety when she's in public places, but then there's there's sensory side which causes them  sometimes boredom, hunger and tiredness will cause one. Just got to figure out which one it is and find the best way to help.