What more can I do? Any advice?

Hi everyone,

The title says it all really....My 4 year old daughter currently attends nursery part time in a school setting she will be moving up to reception next year.

Every day when I pick her up from nursery I am told yet again that she has been disregulated, had numerous meltdowns and has hurt staff and children. I have been an active parent as I am continually communicating with the senco and inclusion lead on her development and behaviour. I had a meeting last thursday which I was told things would be put in place to try and help her with her emotional behaviour. Things such as a visual timetable to help with transitions, behaviour log and communication book. These still haven't been put in place and I don't know if the school is supporting her in the best way. She is both like this at school and at home, she has aggressive behaviours when being told no (although we don't use that word) and when things don't go the way she would like them too. She will lash out by kicking, biting, scratching and hitting.

I should also mention this is the school I work at, so is it because its me that they are lagging...? And you can imagine that it is sometimes hard for me to address that they are not doing enough.

She has not had a diagnosis yet as she is too young but she is known to the school sendco, health visitor and child development services as she is showing signs of autism. The head teacher recently mentioned that if I am desperate for help...which we are as it is a daily battle, then we should consider social services. Has anyone had experience of this? Is it worth considering? I am not keen as I am unsure of being known to social services.

If anyone has any advice or have been in the same position please comment as I would like to help my daughter in the best way possible.

Thanks 

Parents Reply Children
No Data