What is happening?

Hi again, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with my daughter. 

She keeps having these episodes where all of a sudden she will stop whatever she's doing and stare into space for a few seconds and when it's over she will carry on doing what she was doing like nothing ever happened. She will do this little movement with her mouth which I can't describe and if she's standing she will become a bit wobbly. I haven't seen or noticed this before in her and it just doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure it isn't day dreaming because you can't 'snap her out' of it. 

Any ideas are grateful.

Thanks x

Parents
  • My daughter, 13, does this also. We still don't know what it is although family member with epilepsy said it sounds like when she has absence seizures. Daughter had a tonic clonic seizure 18 months ago & has been having staring episodes since she was a baby. She also has a lot of jerky movements where her arm will punch out or legs twitch. She also suffers a lot of déjà vu & says everything has turned blue. She had an EEG but they found no epileptic activity. Still waiting for a reason & more testing as even the consultant who first saw her was surprised when the EEG came back fine. Covid happened & everything got cancelled so waiting to be referred. Speak to the GP & get a referral to neurology. I've read that seizures are common in Autism

• She also suffers a lot of déjà vu &

That could be a clue to the cause of the mind freeze problem.

When I have unpleasant déjà vu, I freeze and my  mind pretends these past events never happened.

Reply Children
No Data