What is happening?

Hi again, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with my daughter. 

She keeps having these episodes where all of a sudden she will stop whatever she's doing and stare into space for a few seconds and when it's over she will carry on doing what she was doing like nothing ever happened. She will do this little movement with her mouth which I can't describe and if she's standing she will become a bit wobbly. I haven't seen or noticed this before in her and it just doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure it isn't day dreaming because you can't 'snap her out' of it. 

Any ideas are grateful.

Thanks x

Parents
  • Hi, this sounds like something  my adult son started doing . Research suggests it could be a type of seizure. I intended to speak with our gp but it's  been several  weeks  since son has had a 'pause' moment and other behaviours  have  now taken over

• Hi, this sounds like something  my adult son started doing . Research suggests it could be a type of seizure. I intended to speak with our gp but it's  been several  weeks  since son has had a 'pause' moment and other behaviours  have  now taken over

Children
  • I've heard that it could be a seizure but her dad (my ex) isn't too worried about it and he's a paramedic so I'm taking his word for it. She isn't having them as frequently but they still do happen and now her neck flops forward like the muscles relax completely but she is aware and isn't worried about it.