Help me with my 18 year old daughter

DD diagnosed with ASD 18 months ago. I am sat here in tears seeing her spend yet another day in bed asleep, her life passing her by.... 

Parents
  • I Have Autism and Possible Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I need structure and routine to get things done,When i was in college I need actual human instruction to help me organise get through tasks, The reason i need human instruction because i need someone to coax me out of hyperfocus of certain tasks and assistance moving on to other tasks, class subjects and course work units and when i was struggling to process information and focusing in need extra time and support which i got from a friend because at the time i had no diagnosis and wasn't entitled to do educational support. 

Computer learning may not be suitable for her, yes it avoid the exhausting social interactions. But it lack the supervision and one to one support to help her get through the work and develop coping strategies.

We Individuals may lack intelligence in the social workings behind neurotypical communication but we can still be quite clever and she has possible understands that because the way we autistic individuals are that finding a meaningful employment is going be difficult or unobtainable and their is no point in trying which is probably triggered depression and severe anxiety.

She might be sleeping as a symptom and the result of the stress, depression and anxiety where the stress and anxiety is making her so exhausted that its literally taking the energy out of her and the cycle will continue until someone intervenes, But it's important that you intervene in the right way and not force the situation.

• I Have Autism and Possible Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I need structure and routine to get things done,When i was in college I need actual human instruction to help me organise get through tasks, The reason i need human instruction because i need someone to coax me out of hyperfocus of certain tasks and assistance moving on to other tasks, class subjects and course work units and when i was struggling to process information and focusing in need extra time and support which i got from a friend because at the time i had no diagnosis and wasn't entitled to do educational support. 

Computer learning may not be suitable for her, yes it avoid the exhausting social interactions. But it lack the supervision and one to one support to help her get through the work and develop coping strategies.

We Individuals may lack intelligence in the social workings behind neurotypical communication but we can still be quite clever and she has possible understands that because the way we autistic individuals are that finding a meaningful employment is going be difficult or unobtainable and their is no point in trying which is probably triggered depression and severe anxiety.

She might be sleeping as a symptom and the result of the stress, depression and anxiety where the stress and anxiety is making her so exhausted that its literally taking the energy out of her and the cycle will continue until someone intervenes, But it's important that you intervene in the right way and not force the situation.

Children
No Data