Help me with my 18 year old daughter

DD diagnosed with ASD 18 months ago. I am sat here in tears seeing her spend yet another day in bed asleep, her life passing her by.... 

Parents
  • Hi Gian, I am getting better at backing off!!! Relatives have tried to help but DD not taken anything on board...

I do worry about depression although DD says she isn't depressed so hard to completely back off... finding it hard to find a fine balance 

• Depressed people can hardly say they are not, I think. So the fact that she's explicitly talking about it is great.

I can really understand you from the inside, I'm really sorry. It is so difficult this period in the life of our children in which it is necessary to keep a certain distance and at the same time try in every way to help them find their own way to be happy!

But no matter how hard it is for us parents we must always be convinced that it is a period that sooner or later will naturally pass, especially if we keep ourselves clear and alert ready to give the support that seems necessary in the moment and ... little bit back as soon as the storm is over!

What Chips suggested to focus on her interests and focus her attention on something she particularly likes, seems like very good advice. Try to give her an appealing proposal day to day ... and give her time to refresh her energy.

• Depressed people can hardly say they are not, I think. So the fact that she's explicitly talking about it is great.

I can really understand you from the inside, I'm really sorry. It is so difficult this period in the life of our children in which it is necessary to keep a certain distance and at the same time try in every way to help them find their own way to be happy!

But no matter how hard it is for us parents we must always be convinced that it is a period that sooner or later will naturally pass, especially if we keep ourselves clear and alert ready to give the support that seems necessary in the moment and ... little bit back as soon as the storm is over!

What Chips suggested to focus on her interests and focus her attention on something she particularly likes, seems like very good advice. Try to give her an appealing proposal day to day ... and give her time to refresh her energy.

Children
No Data