New member - Autistic mum feeling very isolated

Hello, I've never been on this forum before but I just wanted to reach out and make sure I'm not the only person like me in the world, it can feel that way sometimes.

I am 27, happily married to my Autistic husband and a stay-at-home mum to my perfect 1 year old son. Plus I'm an open book, love deep discussions and am probably way too intense for most people. I want desperately to make friends with other mums so my boy can have lots of interaction with other children, but I'm struggling... 

My husband has to work way too much and my mum will be moving further away in just a few weeks. To my knowledge I have never met another diagnosed Autistic female in person before.

Can anyone relate? Sorry I am super depressing, not even sure if I'm typing this in the right place and worried that I'll press Post, then have that panic of knowing I look like a fool. Thank you.

Parents
  • hi

welcome to this forum

there are many autistic ladies and gentlemen in here, some diagnosed others waiting   I will let them reply to you for themselves.

BTW u can discuss anything with me  and almost any time:) 

lets start with ---- why do you think you are are super depressing  ?  

• Thank you :-)  

I suppose, I'm depressing because I've had a lot of really bad experiences in my life and in my struggle to process them I have often felt the need to tell people and go over them numerous times. People tell me this is unhealthy, but they are in my head either way and I find it helps to air them out when I can, rather than let them fester. Also I really struggle with injustice, so anything that I see as unjust I struggle to keep my mouth shut about it and in society we are often expected to keep our mouths shut. These things put people off in my experience.

Nice to meet you.

• the "unjust thing" is a very autism thing i have it and so does Chris packham which gets him and me into trouble/conflict.  I see this as an excellent behaviour  which I adour in u, me, and Chris Pacham.

but it has to be controlled i have lent to hold back more ("I'll hold back on this for a bit .... I'll use the Art of Doing Nothing to see what pans out )

I am not sure of going over stuff again is depressing or a way to release the pain. To me its the release of your pain. So please lets do it when you are ready. Just pick one thing and lets talk about it now.  Could it be u have OCD on top of your autism ? what where u diagnosed with ? 

I am depressing because .........

• dont be sorry,,,,,,,   the thing is i have met and known people with very similar life stories  some people never  really recover but you are bouncing back which is great news 

see u around in the discussions :)

• Thank you, sorry about that, I started answering your question about PTSD and I ended up typing a 2 page essay! You can imagine how bad I am at texting haha. It did feel good writing it all though, and I didn't want to just delete it. My life is on an upward trajectory, so I'm doing pretty well now really. 

But I'll definitely stick around and try to post on other people's threads, it feel really nice relating to so many people instantly.

• Thank you, sorry about that, I started answering your question about PTSD and I ended up typing a 2 page essay! You can imagine how bad I am at texting haha. It did feel good writing it all though, and I didn't want to just delete it. My life is on an upward trajectory, so I'm doing pretty well now really. 

But I'll definitely stick around and try to post on other people's threads, it feel really nice relating to so many people instantly.

Children
  • dont be sorry,,,,,,,   the thing is i have met and known people with very similar life stories  some people never  really recover but you are bouncing back which is great news 

see u around in the discussions :)