Married to an aspie husband

I am going on 16 years with my husband and we have two children. One is almost 3 and the other is 3 months. I happen to be trained in the field of autism (certified) and work with people in employment that are on the spectrum. I find the inconsistency of my husbands efforts and actions to be the most frustrating part. At times he makes me feel as if he doesn’t even try to do things right so I just end up doing it all. Yes he works two jobs, but I also work full time and we all know moms have a 24/7 job. I find myself always having to remind myself of the things he has no control over but at my core I’m exhausted...

I know for a fact what he is capable of and at times he does things and it’s so great and then out of no where he almost completely doesn’t even remember doing it that way or claims to just see and hear things so different from me that we have trouble ... communicating (obviously our biggest issue and ongoing) Yet he isn’t formally diagnosed and has yet to try to see anyone. He loves to say “it’s part of my thing” when it’s convenient for him but if I point out the fact he needs help with things and needs to see someone either comes up with excuses or changes his mind and he said that he isn’t on the spectrum. Anyone else with kids married to an aspie husband? 

Parents
  • You sound like my Mrs - She thinks she knows what autism is too! 

In reality she has no idea whatsoever - she is also 'trained' in it  as well. 

She can't see at all - anything that is just in front of her. No NTs can actually see reality - they are all living in their forebrain focussed on an imaginary future. That is heaven or hell. That is the bottom line - its the valley of the shadow of death and it is why all NTs are not even here. Theyre somewhere else dreamt up in their frontal lobe put their by 'the shepherds of lies' aka The Great Deciever :)

• You sound like my Mrs - She thinks she knows what autism is too! 

In reality she has no idea whatsoever - she is also 'trained' in it  as well. 

She can't see at all - anything that is just in front of her. No NTs can actually see reality - they are all living in their forebrain focussed on an imaginary future. That is heaven or hell. That is the bottom line - its the valley of the shadow of death and it is why all NTs are not even here. Theyre somewhere else dreamt up in their frontal lobe put their by 'the shepherds of lies' aka The Great Deciever :)

Children