Sheer and utter frustration

Hi, I'm a noob so please be gentle with me.

My wife and I are so frustrated withe the lack of understanding, support, and alleged professionals.

Since year 2,  out now 13vyr old son is still not getting any real targeted support with his issues.

Last year with the ed psych, he eventually was assessed and, in the intelligence tests he came out in the 97th percentile, but still no real support even tho it was noted the  he has several autistic traits that should be evaluated.

He is super intelligent but has v now annual reports and  had teacher comments that he DIES NOT APPLY HIMSELF!!!.

So, got a letter 2 weeks ago for him attend  a CAMS clinic!!!.

It's soul destroying as it's still not the right path and he is heading towards failure to attain the necessary levels for his GCSE mocks next  year.

The system is broken and I feel it has failed him in so many ways.

Tony.

Parents
  • I can't really give you any advice, but sadly I've heard of others in a similar situation.

I also have family member not much younger than your son who's parents are basically having to fight at every turn to get help with his needs.

The systems does seem to be very inconsistent.

• I can't really give you any advice, but sadly I've heard of others in a similar situation.

I also have family member not much younger than your son who's parents are basically having to fight at every turn to get help with his needs.

The systems does seem to be very inconsistent.

Children
No Data