Relationship becoming verbally abusive

Hello,

I've been with my partner for 18 months and have always been aware that he's on the spectrum.  He really struggles and is going through a particularly difficult time.  At this stage he is becoming extremely verbaly abusive to me but he has no support network and I don't feel like I can leave.  My previous partner committed suicide after battling depression (resulting in verbal abuse towards me) and the whole situation is causing me extreme PTSD.  My partner tells me that I don't have any problems and my life is perfect, because I don't striggle with a disability and have a secure job and home.

I really don't know what to do.

Parents
  • Hello, 

he's not correct, you are in an abusive relationship with him, so you do have a problem. 

I understand you feel obliged to help him, but if that means you have to suffer, it's not a stable self-sustaining relationship. I read already the word narcissist in other responses. Emotional blackmail and aggression are not something you should allow. It drags you down and the longer you stay the more you'll mistake it for normal and you'll start to think that such relationships are your destiny. It's not fair, and you shouldn't allow it. 

You have the right to end this relationship, and I would advise to do it before other foundations of your life get compromised. 

My father committed suicide, This is a grim thing, but people do have responsability for their own lifes, it's something you have to accept. 

Take good care of yourself, if you have family, I would advise you start talking with people about this situation, don't get isolated with him alone. 

• Hello, 

he's not correct, you are in an abusive relationship with him, so you do have a problem. 

I understand you feel obliged to help him, but if that means you have to suffer, it's not a stable self-sustaining relationship. I read already the word narcissist in other responses. Emotional blackmail and aggression are not something you should allow. It drags you down and the longer you stay the more you'll mistake it for normal and you'll start to think that such relationships are your destiny. It's not fair, and you shouldn't allow it. 

You have the right to end this relationship, and I would advise to do it before other foundations of your life get compromised. 

My father committed suicide, This is a grim thing, but people do have responsability for their own lifes, it's something you have to accept. 

Take good care of yourself, if you have family, I would advise you start talking with people about this situation, don't get isolated with him alone. 

Children
No Data