Shoes for sensitive feet

Hi. My 7yo grandson always complains about his shoes being uncomfortable. He is very sensitive to labels in his clothes - especially underpants - and needs everything that touches his skin to be soft and snuggly. Has anyone else had this problem with shoes, or know of a make that gives more depth and more room around the toes?

Parents
  • The struggle is real.  I've found wearing 'sports sandals' (for lack of a better word) wherever possible to be helpful, it just keeps the level of annoyance to a minimum.  Still have to wear uncomfortable shoes while out and about unfortunately, but at least at home I can be comfortable.

• The struggle is real.  I've found wearing 'sports sandals' (for lack of a better word) wherever possible to be helpful, it just keeps the level of annoyance to a minimum.  Still have to wear uncomfortable shoes while out and about unfortunately, but at least at home I can be comfortable.

Children
  • Ooh yes, I love my sandals; and it seems to be a family trait - my Mum would wear flip-flops every day if she could (though I've never worked out how to keep the damned things on my feet!)

That's related to something else which may be a factor - my extremities get hot incredibly easily, and it is intensely uncomfortable when they do. Even in the middle of winter, I usually have to sleep with my feet sticking out of the end of the bedclothes. I would take shivering and goose-bumps over being too warm every time, and I'm famed for having a shorts-wearing season that's months longer than most other people.