Can GPs prescribe?

Evening All

I would like to look into medication to help with my son's explosive outbursts. He is upset that he cannot control them and I am increasingly concerned about our families safety as he is now bigger and heavier than me.

To add to this, my mental health is suffering as a result of the unpredictable (or sometimes predictable but unpreventable) anger. I want to go to our GP asap and ask for help. I am already on citalopram for panic and anxiety disorder but my son wants to discuss medication for him too.

Can a GP support with this this or will it require referral to CAMHS?

Many thanks for any words of advice.

Parents
  • Hi!

Have you considered using CBD oil at all?
    We have used it with great success. It doesn't cure, but does calm our girl down, with less stress and outbursts.

Might be worth looking in to, although a GP is not cleared to recommend it under current legislation, which is sure to change in the coming months/ years!

Good luck!

• Hi!

Have you considered using CBD oil at all?
    We have used it with great success. It doesn't cure, but does calm our girl down, with less stress and outbursts.

Might be worth looking in to, although a GP is not cleared to recommend it under current legislation, which is sure to change in the coming months/ years!

Good luck!

Children