Advice needed please 3 year old son just diagnosed with autism.

Hi I'm new here and I would really appreciate some advice. My 3 year old son has just been diagnosed  with autism and I feel a bit lost I'm not sure what it means for him or where to go for advice. 

Also he has melt downs which seen to be getting worse I don't know if anyone has any advice on how I can help him with them. 

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi, I am going through the same! How are you coping so far? I’ve just been using research as way to get through it, but I’m finding it’s consuming me but when I take a break, it catches back up with me again!

Planning a visit to the GP and to get in touch with the local authority this week and try and find some support groups. Does your son go to nursery?

• Hi, I am going through the same! How are you coping so far? I’ve just been using research as way to get through it, but I’m finding it’s consuming me but when I take a break, it catches back up with me again!

Planning a visit to the GP and to get in touch with the local authority this week and try and find some support groups. Does your son go to nursery?

Children
  • hi my. 3.5 yr old got diagnosed with autism but they asked to see him again in 6 months for a review. what does this mean? my son has no sensory issues absolutely no negatives in his behaviour loves to hug kiss dance to music he also loves to sing his nursery songs and is very very affectionate with everyone. he takes turns and shares with other kids but will not play with them unless made to i.e. passing ball back n forth and so on he has some signs of autism but only a couple and im wondering if he is just a little delayed and not reli autistic.