4 year old girl with aspergers.. Maybe.. Please help, advice, pearl of wisdom, anything.

My four year old daughter has 35/40 on Tania A marshell M. Sc warning signs of preschool girls with high functioning aspergers. It's been three months since I had an incling and 5 days since I was 90% sure. I don't know what to do, everything I read online is about how to support boys and girls symptoms are completely different. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Any words of wisdom. Any hope. Thankyou

Parents
  • Hi, have pre-school/ school noticed anything? I would not be surprised if they haven't girls can be quite adept at hiding things. 

Try this online test it can help you identify if she may be on the spectrum 

psychology-tools.com/.../cast

I would then recommend speaking to gp/health visitor if you are sure and ask for referral for assessment don't let them fob you off! 

As plastic has said it is really important to allow her time to decompress after activities or anything she finds stressful a nice quiet area with things to relax her will help.

Keep behaviour logs to learn her stressors and work on reducing/ removing if possible. Watch for stims these can really help identify how she is feeling. 

Visual timetables are good as they help with routine 

• The school hasn't noticed anything but this isn't there strong point. I took your online test and she scored 21/31 but I don't know what they s means. I will try to keep behaviour logs and I made a timetable a couple of days ago, this seems to be helping her. Tha k you. 

• The school hasn't noticed anything but this isn't there strong point. I took your online test and she scored 21/31 but I don't know what they s means. I will try to keep behaviour logs and I made a timetable a couple of days ago, this seems to be helping her. Tha k you. 

Children